I am always looking at other blogs and trading forums, trying to find good ideas for this blog. Information that you could use to become a better trader: news, biographies, answers to problems or stuff you would just find entertaining. In my web surfing, I came across the term “The Trading Lifestyle” while reading through Raghee Horner’s blog and a Facebook group.
As I thought about it, I realized that this is what I am really going for with my trading and this blog. I want The Trading Lifestyle and I want to help you achieve it too (assuming that is what you want). But what does this mean? It will be different things to different people, but I think it is first helpful to consider the following quote:
“Wealth is what you have left when you have lost all your money.” -Roger Hamilton
Think about that for a second. What would YOU have left if you had no money?
To me, the most important thing about learning how to trade well is
that you have a skill that no one can take away from you for the rest of your life. If you did lose all your money for whatever reason, you would know how to make it all back.
Think about the confidence that would give you. You wouldn’t have to beg for a J.O.B. or worry about what to do. You would just have find some money to trade and do what you do best.
In addition, as an independent trader, you are free to travel and do what you please with your time. You can accumulate a ton of unique experiences, help others, learn new skills and make many friends. These experiences and relationships cannot be measured in monetary terms, but if all your money was taken away, they would still be with you.
So that is what I am looking for in The Trading Lifestyle:
- The ability to make a great living from anywhere in the world
- To help others achieve their goals and dreams
- To meet people from around the world and all walks of life
- Have the ability to spend time with people who are important to me
- Learn new skills like kiteboarding, trumpet playing and scuba diving (just to name a few)
- To constantly improve my trading skills
- To always have abundance; in monetary terms and in every other aspect of life
- To have all the toys and fun stuff
- To find spiritual harmony in the world
- To constantly expand the limits of my mental and physical capabilities
- To be excited!
What does The Trading Lifestyle mean to you? Leave a comment below and let us know!