Peter Davies’ backstory is all too common, unfortunately. At 35 years old, he lost about 30% of his net worth in the stock market.
He was working in IT at the time and knew nothing about trading or finance. His college degree was actually in IT.
To add insult to injury, his financial advisor told him that they did well that year because they beat the index. The “financial advisor” even had the balls to charged him a management fee.
That is where the story ends for most people.
But not Peter, he decided that he needed to learn out how to invest for himself. He figured that if he was going to lose all his money, it would rather be completely responsible for it.
So began his investing career.
Well, invest is the wrong term. He actually day trades the S&P eMini futures.
It can be a bit of a crazy market, but out of all the trading stories I have heard, traders in this market can be some of the most consistent, on a day-to-day basis.
In This Episode
- Why discretionary trading was the way to go for him
- How long it took him to learn to trade profitably
- Why trading was a nightmare, when he first started
- How his IT skills actually prevented him from becoming a full-time trader
- His greatest strengths and weaknesses as a trader
- How being an expat burned his bridges and set him up for success
- Learn his trading strategy
- And more!
Click Play to Listen to the Interview
- Jigsaw Trading – Peter’s primary website
- Jim Dalton
- Richard Joyson
- Joel Parker
- JPJ Trading
- Kam Dhadwar
- John Grady
- Futures Trader 71
- Gary Nordon
- Golf is Not a Game of Perfect
- No BS Day Trading
Other Ways To Get The Trading Lifestyle Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review is greatly appreciated)
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
- Click here to hear the other podcast episodes
- Available on Roku – Channel TFEX6
What did you think of this episode? Let us know in the comments below…