Finally Get MetaTrader 4 Price Level Alerts on
Multiple Devices at the Same Time
As soon as a trading strategy setup prints on your chart, you only have a limited amount of time to act on the setup before it's too late. Once price moves too far, it throws off your risk-reward ratio and the trade isn't worth taking anymore.
That's where price level alerts can be a huge help. But there was something about MetaTrader 4 price level alerts that frustrated us…
The Biggest Problem with Built-In MT4 Price Level Alerts
Metatrader 4 is great.
But let's face it, the built-in MT4 price level alert is pretty basic.
For starters, you can only send one type of notification at a time.
In today's hyperconnected world, why should you settle for only one method of notification?
You are setting an alert because you don't want to sit in front of your computer all day and watch the charts. But what's the point of setting an alert if there's a chance that you will miss it because you are away from your computer or phone.
An alert should hit all of your devices at the same time, so you don't miss a single setup.
That's Not All…
The price level alert system in MT4 has a couple of other shortcomings that we found frustrating.
First, you cannot tell the alert system to only alert you when price closes beyond the alert level. Several professional trading strategies that we have seen rely on a solid close beyond a zone or key level. In these cases, the built-in alert system in MT4 triggers too many false alarms because it will send a notification on a touch of the price level.
Second, you cannot specify to be alerted when price trades above or below an alert price level. Some traders want to know when price doesn't breakout from a level. MetaTrader currently doesn't allow you to do this.
To summarize, we found that the price level alert function in MT4 has three shortcomings:
- You cannot set more than one notification type at a time
- You cannot specify to be alerted when price closes beyond the alert level
- You cannot specify to be alerted when price trades above or below an alert level
So we asked our friends at Snapdragon Systems (SDS) to see if they could create a solution.
This is what they came up with:
Solution to #1 – Set More Than One Notification Type
The SDS indicator allows you to get notifications via desktop pop-up, mobile app push notification and/or email. Select one, two or all three at the same time.
Solution to #2 – Set an Alert on Touch or Close Beyond Alert Level
The SDS indicator allows you to specify if you want to get an alert if the price level is touched, or if it closes beyond the price level.
Solution to #3 – Set an Alert if Price is Above or Below the Alert Level
Finally, the indicator allows you to choose to get alerts when price is either above or below the alert level.
If you need one or all of these functions, then the SDS Price Level Alert indicator is a perfect addition to your arsenal of MT4 trading indicators.
Buy it now and get a discount off the regular price…
Indicator Settings Explained
Here's the complete explanation of the settings that are available for this indicator:
- DoAlert: Set to true if you want to get desktop pop-up alerts.
- DoNotification: Set to true if you want to get push notifications on your mobile device. The MT4 app is required on the mobile device.
- DoEmail: Set to true if you want to get a notification via email.
- TradeLevelType: Select if you want to be notified when price trades above or below your alert level.
- Level: Enter the price at which you want the alert to be triggered.
- OnCloseOnly: If set to true, the alert will only be triggered if price closes beyond the alert level.
- TradeAboveClr: This is the color of the alert line, if it's to be triggered by the market trading above the level.
- TradeBelowClr: This is the color of the alert line, if it's to be triggered by the market trading below the level.
- PlotSymbol: You can choose the symbol that is used to plot your alert line. See list below.
Hedge Fund Quality Programming and Support
Are you tired of downloading half-baked indicators from forums? It can take forever to find one that actually works…and good luck getting support.
This indicator has been custom built from the ground up by Adam Hartley of Snapdragon Systems. Adam has done custom programming for clients like the Tudor Group, Barclays Capital and many more.
When you buy this indicator, you can be assured that you are getting the highest quality programming at a reasonable price. Snapdragon Systems provides full support for this indicator and you can contact them if you have any questions.
Buy it now and get unlimited lifetime access to this indicator…
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the “+” symbol to see the answer to each question.