Pin Bar Alerts Indicator for MT4
Get Pin Bar Alerts From MetaTrader 4 via:
Desktop Popup, Chart Marker, Email, Text and Mobile App Push Notification
Pin Bars can print at any time and it can be easy to miss a signal when you are at work or even if you have to step away from your computer for a few minutes.
If you miss a setup, that could have been the trade that made your week.
So let's take a look at how this flexible indicator can help you virtually eliminate missed Pin Bar setups…
Summary of How the MT4 Pin Bar Alerts Indicator Works
The great thing about Pin Bars is that, unlike more complex chart patterns, they are easy to define and you can setup an alert to tell you when they appear.
This custom Pin Bar alert indicator for Metatrader 4 will notify you whenever a Pin Bar that meets your criteria prints on your MT4 charts. You can be notified via popup, email, text and/or MT4 mobile app push notification.
Choose one or more of the notification methods that work best for you.
You can also mark the Pin Bars on your charts, or you can hide them and only utilize the alerts feature. Hiding the markers keeps your charts squeaky clean and makes it much easier to analyze price action.
You can customize this indicator by using the following settings…
Indicator Settings Explained
Here are the settings that are available for this indicator.
They make it easy for you to identify the Pin Bars you are looking for, and filter out the noise.
- DoAlert – Activate on-screen Pin Bar alerts in Metatrader 4.
- DoNotification – Activate Metatrader 4 mobile app push notifications. Push notifications need to be setup in your Metatrader 4 settings for this to work.
- DoEmail – Activate email alerts. Email alerts need to be setup in your Metatrader 4 settings for this to work.
- MinimumTailSize – This is the minimum percentage that the tail needs to be in order to be defined as a Pin Bar. The default is 0.6 or 60% of the total bar size.
- MinRangePnts – The minimum range of a Pin Bar in pips. This is to filter out Pin Bars that are too small.
- MaxRangePnts – The maximum range of a Pin Bar in pips. This is to filter out Pin Bars that are too large.
- RequireNBarExtreme – Activates (true) or deactivates (false) the n-bar extreme filter, explained below.
- NBarExtreme – Only identifies Pin Bars that are the highest of the last N bars for bearish Pin Bars, or the lowest of the last N bars for bullish Pin Bars. This filters out Pin Bars that occur inside a consolidation range.
- MarkPinBarSymbol – You can remove the Pin Bar markers on your charts to keep your charts clean (select false). Even if you remove the markers, the alerts will still work.
- BullPinBarSymbol – Metatrader wingdings symbol number that is used to mark bullish Pin Bars.
- BearPinBarSymbol – Metatrader wingdings symbol number that is used to mark bearish Pin Bars.
- PlotOffsetPnts – Sets the distance between the Pin Bar markers and the bars. If you trade on higher timeframes, you may need to increase this number.
Choose Your Timeframe
Use the built-in MT4 timeframe selector to determine which timeframe you will get alerts on.
Hedge Fund Quality Programming and Support
Are you tired of downloading half-baked indicators from forums? It can take forever to find one that actually works and good luck getting support.
This indicator has been custom built from the ground up by Adam Hartley of Snapdragon Systems. Adam has done custom programming for clients like the Tudor Group, Barclays Capital and many more.
When you buy this indicator, you can be assured that you are getting the highest quality programming at a reasonable price. Snapdragon Systems provides full support for this indicator and you can contact them if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the “+” symbol to see the answer to each question.