This is the User's Manual for the custom 4XDev RSI Alert Indicator for MetaTrader 5.
It sends alerts when the RSI indicator closes in overbought or oversold. It's developed and supported by our partner 4XDev. Please contact them via the form at the bottom of this page for all support requests and questions.
This indicator uses the standard RSI calculation that's used by the default RSI indicator in MT5.
These are the settings on the Inputs tab in the indicator, and what they do.
- Period: The number of candles that are used to calculate the current RSI value.
- OverBought Level: The RSI value that is considered overbought.
- OverSold Level: The RSI value that is considered oversold.
- Main Color: The color of the RSI line when not overbought or oversold.
- OverSold Color: The color of the RSI line when it is oversold.
- OverBought Color: The color of the RSI line when it is overbought.
- both: Send an alert when RSI both exits and enters the overbought or oversold conditions.
- Cross Into OB/OS Rng: Only send an alert when RSI crosses into the overbought or oversold ranges.
- Cross Out OB/OS Rng: Only send an alert when RSI crossed out of the overbought or oversold ranges.
- DoAlert: Send a sound/popup on the screen (true or false).
- DoNotification: Send a mobile app push notification (true or false).
- DoEmail: Send an email alert (true or false).
This indicator only sends alerts on the timeframe that is currently open on the chart. The timeframes on the visualization tab does not determine the alerts.
Here's what you need to run this indicator.
- A computer capable of running MetaTrader 5.
- Your computer must be turned on during trading hours and MT5 must be running in order to get alerts. If you cannot do this at your home or office, consider subscribing to a VPS service.
- MetaTrader 5 installed on your computer. If you need help installing MT5, read their installation guide here.
- The indicator must be installed and configured on the chart that you want to alerts on. Create a template to easily add the indicator to all charts.
How to Install Custom Indicators on MetaTrader 5
Frequently Asked Questions
These are answers to some frequently asked questions about this indicator.
Get Help With This Indicator
Use the contact form below to get support from the developer. Contact them for all questions and any issues you may be having with the indicator.[contact-form-7 id=”1019926″ title=”4XDev Products”]