In This Episode:
- Why this trader created his own backtesting software
- Where he learned to trade and the timeframes he trades on
- The website where he shares some of his trading strategies and track record
- How to create drag-n-drop entries and exits WITHOUT coding
- Manual backtesting demo and how his software speeds up the process
- Demonstration of creating and testing automated strategies
- Free historical data from multiple brokers
- How this software could easily replace your trading journal
- And more!
There's a big difference between software that's created by someone who trades and someone who doesn't. This is one example.
I met Denis at The Truth About FX conference in 2017. At the time, he was trading full-time and providing trading signals. I talked to him a bit on the train ride back from central London.
In talking to him, I found out that he is Beta Trader. It's always cool to meet people behind trading sites. I didn't keep in touch with him after that.
Then a few months ago, I got a message from him via Walter's forum, asking me if I wanted to test his new software called NakedMarkets. I'm always open to testing software from people I know, so I volunteered to be a tester. We are both students of Walter.
As soon as I read through the documentation, I knew that he had something special. There are features that I haven't seen in backtesting software under $500, and some features that I haven't seen anywhere.
What I like most about his software is that it is very modular. So you can create small components, like entry and exit rules. Then you can simply drag and drop those rules on your chart to speed up manual backtesting.
Or you can use those components to build fully automated or semi-automated trading strategies.
One thing that I've been looking for is an easy way to automatically download trades from Oanda and analyze the performance of the account. I thought that a trading journal was the solution, which I talked about here.
But I asked Denis if it was possible to do it in NakedMarkets and he implemented it in just a few days. Amazing!
So NakedMarkets can also be used to analyze live trading performance.
Anyway, there's nothing like seeing the software in action. So watch the video find out more about Denis and how the software works.
You can get a special Trading Heroes discount on NakedMarkets on this page.
Click Play to Watch the Episode
Other Ways To Get The Trading Lifestyle Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review is greatly appreciated)
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click here to hear all of the other podcast episodes
Thanks for Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this episode of the podcast!
If you know of a trader who would benefit from any of the information in this post, feel free to share it with them. Be sure to subscribe to the show on iTunes or YouTube and if you love it, a 5-star review is greatly appreciated!
Disclaimer: Some links on this page are affiliate links. We do make a commission if you purchase through these links, but it does not cost you anything extra and we only promote products and services that we wholeheartedly believe in.