In the last episode of The Trading Lifestyle Podcast, I interviewed Colin Jessup and he told us exactly how he went from working in a warehouse, to trading for a living.
He attributed a large part of his success in trading to Walter Peters FXJake Personal Trading Program, so I was excited when Walter agreed to sit down and chat with me about his own personal journey to trading for a living.
In fact, it was actually Walter who recommended that I interview Colin, so I was also glad that I got the opportunity to thank Walter personally.
As I turned on my computer to do the interview, I didn't really know what to expect. I knew a little bit about Walter's background from his blog and a few things that Colin mentioned, but not much else. He turned out to be a very down-to-earth guy with an incredible story of perseverance.
This interview will be especially useful if you are feeling stuck in your trading and want some ideas on how to get through it. He is also very much a person who trades for lifestyle and gets a great deal of satisfaction from helping people become successful in Forex trading.
Just like everyone else I have interviewed, he is very passionate about trading and because he also has a PhD in Psychology, it was interesting to get his opinion on the psychological profile that traders need to have to be successful.
In particular, we talked about why the Fight or Flight Response principle does not usually apply to trading and which trading systems people tend to stick with.
Let me know what you think about this interview in the comments below and if you have any questions for Walter, you can post them here or head on over to his website, a link is listed after the video.
In This Episode with Walter Peters Forex Trader
- What a delayed flight and the International Traders Conference in Barcelona have to do with Walter and I meeting.
- Find out how long it took Walter to learn to trade for a living.
- The one thing that kept him going when his trading was not going well.
- Why a lot of his friends are 70 year old Aussie surfers.
- What Walter believes is THE most important factor in successful trading.
- And more!
Click Play To Listen To The Interview
- Walter's Book: Naked Forex: High-Probability Techniques for Trading Without Indicators
- The FX Jake Daily Trader Community
- Walter backtests with Forex Tester
- Come Into My Trading Room by Alexander Elder
- Millionaire Traders by Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg (Walter's friend Ashkan Bolour is featured in Chapter 10)
- Everyday Traders by Nick Radge
- The Tao of Trading by Robert Koppel
- Colin Jessup
- Learn how to trade from Walter
Other Ways To Get The Trading Lifestyle Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (If you liked it, a five-star review would be greatly appreciated, thanks!)
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click here to hear the other episodes
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links in which I get a commission if you purchase through those links. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and part of my commission goes to support my charity partner.