Chris Capre started off wanting to be a Yoga instructor for the rest of his life, but a friend had an intuition about him…
His friend felt that Chris would be a good currency trader…and he turned out to be right!
Chris says that as soon he started looking at the charts, they seemed to make sense to him.
That's not to say that he did not endure some tough times too, but from a very early stage, he knew that he had found his calling.
Even though he was very successful at the beginning, he went through the process of being a broker, then a hedge fund trader, then an independent trader and educator.
He never intended to become a Forex mentor, but he was getting so many requests to be taught, that he decided to build a business around it and he started 2nd Skies Forex.
It was interesting to hear about his experiences with students and what makes some successful.
I hope you enjoy this interview and learn a lot from it.
Chris is a great guy to talk to and I love the fact that trading has provided him a way to give back to causes he believes in and make the world a better place.
In This Episode
- How Chris learned about Forex trading
- Why you are lucky to be a trader now
- The biggest lesson he learned from being a hedge fund trader
- Why the USD/JPY is so hard to trade for traders in the US
- Learn how much he made on a $3,000 account in 6 months
- Find out how he landed a job at a hedge fund, as a trader
- Why looking at a chart for 3 seconds may help you make a better assessment of the market
- How to tell when someone has a working mastery of trading
- And more!
Click Play to Listen to the Interview with Chris Capre
- FREE 2nd Skies Beginner's Course – If you are just getting started in Forex, this is a great free course to start with
- The Advanced Price Action Course – I highly recommend this course if you want to learn price action
- Advanced Traders Mindset Course – One of the few really good courses for cultivating a successful trading mindset
- Advanced Day and Swing Trading Course for Stock Traders – Learn how to trade stocks
- Recommended Books:
- How to Trade in Stocks (Jesse Livermore)
- Jesse Livermore: World's Greatest Stock Trader (Richard Smitten)
- The Amazing Life of Jesse Livermore (Richard Smitten)
- Richard Wyckoff
- The Hour Between The Dog and the Wolf (John Coates)
Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners (Rodney Yee)
Yoga for Beginners Boxed Set (Michael Wohl)
Restorative Yoga Practice (Deborah Donohue)
Buddha's Brain (Rick Hanson)
Stilling the Mind (Alan Wallace)
- Causes Chris Supports:
Visit the 2nd Skies Forex homepage here.
Other Ways To Get The Trading Lifestyle Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review on iTunes is greatly appreciated!)
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click here to hear the other episodes
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
Bonus Video From Chris Capre
Here is a video from the 2ndSkies YouTube channel that I really liked.
It talks about having the abundance mentality and how he came to adopt it.
This is a key point because successful trading is mostly mental and even if you have the skills to trade well, there may be other factors holding you back.
To practice an abundance mentality and improve your trading, try one of Chris' courses.
What is the biggest lesson that you have learned from this podcast? Let us know in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Some links on this page are affiliate links. We do make a commission if you purchase through these links, but it does not cost you anything extra and we only promote products and services that we wholeheartedly believe in.