A lot of people will tell you that scalping Forex successfully is simply not possible.
Greg McLeod would beg to differ.
In this episode, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Greg to find out how he scalps successfully, who his biggest mentors were and get into some of the “behind the scenes” stuff that has shaped him into the trader that he is today. Speaking of mentors, Greg has been taught by some of the best traders and trading coaches…ever.
He grew up in South Central Los Angeles and later also taught public school in the area. If you are not familiar with that part of the United States, it is one of the roughest areas in the country and teaching public school there is no easy task.
…and that is probably a big understatement.
But Greg found ways to get students interested in learning, through trading…which is really cool. We have a very down-to-earth talk about some of his greatest achievements, what drives him as a trader and some of the most painful moments on his trading journey.
I hope that you enjoy listening to this episode as much as I enjoyed doing it!
In This Episode
- His huge early win in Yahoo
- The personality trait that makes him good at scalping Forex
- The stocks that his public school students bought (and made money on)
- Why he's always looking for “the party”
- The lowest moment in his trading career
- How talking to dudes in the bathroom might be good for your trading career
- Why the idea of bulls and bears is a misconception
- And more!
Click Play To Listen To The Interview
- Get the special case study and trading lesson from Greg
- The Bible
- The Market Wizards Books
- Ari Kev – Trading to Win
- Thomas Bukowski – Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns
- Alexander Elder – Trading For a Living
- Boris Scholssberg
- Gerald Appel – MACD Inventor
- John Bollinger
- Larry Pesavento
- Rob Booker
- Mark Douglas
- Watch Greg's other interview with Shaun Overton
- Contact Holger: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Greg: email@example.com
Other Ways To Get The Trading Lifestyle Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review is greatly appreciated)
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
- Click here to hear all of the other podcast episodes
Thanks for Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this episode of the podcast. If you have any feedback on this episode, please be sure to leave a comment below.
If you know of a trader who would benefit from any of the information in this post, feel free to use the social media share buttons on this post. Be sure to subscribe to the show on iTunes and if you love it, a 5-star review is greatly appreciated!
Disclaimer: Some links on this page are affiliate links. We do make a commission if you purchase through these links, but it does not cost you anything extra and we only promote products and services that we personally use and wholeheartedly believe in. A portion of the proceeds are donated to my charity partners.