You will never guess what Andrew Mitchem was doing before he became a successful Forex trader. I have heard about a lot of unusual pre-trading professions before, but Andrew's is the best, by far.
One of the biggest things that I hope you have learn from all of these interviews is that you don't need to have any experience in the financial markets to become a professional Forex trader. In Andrew's case, you don't have to read that many trading books either.
Take a guess as to how many trading books he has read.
Talking to traders is always really interesting. After the formal interview, Andrew and I were chatting for a bit and he told me that he and his family were in San Francisco recently.
OK, pretty cool…SF is one of the best places to be. Of course, I'm a little biased. But a regular vacation isn't enough for the average trader.
You see, Andrew has a license…to fly a helicopter. He actually has a helicopter at home in New Zealand.
So he rented a helicopter in SF and flew under the Golden Gate Bridge! How awesome is that?!
Most people settle for a picture in front of the bridge. Ha!
I hope that he doesn't mind me sharing that story, but it really goes to show you what is possible when you put in a lot of hard work.
In This Episode
- What attracted Andrew to FX trading so much in the first place
- How long it took him to learn to trade profitably
- Why he trades long term charts
- How many basic trading setups he uses
- Custom Forex trader software that Andrew uses for MT4
- And more!
Click Play to Listen to the Interview
Other Ways To Get The Trading Lifestyle Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review is greatly appreciated)
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
- Click here to hear all of the other podcast episodes
Thanks for Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this episode of the podcast. If you have any feedback on this episode, please be sure to leave a comment below.
If you know of a trader who would benefit from any of the information in this post, feel free to use the social media share buttons on this post. Be sure to subscribe to the show on iTunes and if you love it, a 5-star review is greatly appreciated!
A huge thanks to Andrew for taking the time out to speak with me!
Also be sure to check out the resources page for tips on the best education, FX trading software and more.