Joel Kruger started his professional career on a path that you might be able to relate to. He initially went to law school and later became an investment banker.
That may not be a common career path, but many people who get into trading come from some sort of high-level profession. So if this describes you, and you don't want to be in that profession anymore, this interview might give you an alternative.
When Joel saw a trading floor for the first time, he was hooked. His career in trading started as a currency analyst and he was eventually able to make the jump to full-time trading.
But it wasn't easy. He admits that even though he knew how to analyze markets, trading them is a totally different story.
There were several times when he wanted to quit. Find out why he stuck with it, what he has learned, the most important trait that he sees in successful traders and much more.
So if you are an investment banker, it's not too late. If you want an alternative to the crazy hours, Joel's story might be an option that interests you.
In This Episode
- The biggest problem with the Forex market
- Why Forex is the best market to trade
- How to raise money with your trading skill
- Why the size of your account does not matter
- Joel's outlook on life and how that determines his trading style
- Why ADHD can be a benefit to traders
- And more!
Click Play to Listen to the Interview
- Joel's website
- Paul Tudor Jones
- Market Wizards
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
- Ugly Americans
- Narcos – One of Joel's favorite TV shows, at the moment.
Other Ways To Get The Trading Lifestyle Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review is greatly appreciated)
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
- Click here to hear all of the other podcast episodes
Thanks for Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this episode of the podcast. If you have any feedback on this episode, please be sure to leave a comment below.
If you know of a trader who would benefit from any of the information in this post, feel free to use the social media share buttons on this post. Be sure to subscribe to the show on iTunes and if you love it, a 5-star review is greatly appreciated!
Also be sure to check out the resources page for tips on the best education, FX trading software and more.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. I have experience with all of these people/products, and I only recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commission I make if you decide to buy something.