We are back with another episode of the Trading Lifestyle Podcast and this month I had the pleasure of interviewing Rafael Veron, an Independent Trader from Toronto, Canada. He used to trade for a hedge fund, but he now trades his own money from home.
Rafael has had many interesting experiences in his career and started from very humble beginnings. He definitely paid his dues along his way to trading for a living. He has been a gopher, janitor, broker, money allocator and more.
But he is thankful for these experiences because they taught him the trading game from the inside and provided him knowledge that he would not have otherwise received.
Just like many of the other traders I have interviewed before, his primary focus is on managing risk. But he is not only focused on where to place a stop loss.
He breaks down risk into three distinct components. He explains them in the interview, so be sure to listen for that part because it is something that you really need to consider when you place a trade.
Does your partner or family not support your desire to be a trader? Find out what Rafael has to say about getting the naysayers to consider your decision to trade. What he says might surprise you. When I posed a similar question to Jessica Peletier in Episode #2, she had a totally different approach, so it was great to get another opinion.
One particularly interesting story in the interview is about a woman who could double her account every couple of months or so. Find out what threw her off her game and how she got back to trading well. It is the perfect illustration of how psychology is everything in trading.
And of course, as the title says, he also goes into how the trained his wife (girlfriend at the time) to trade and how her results were better than most of the top traders, over a 5 year period. It is a fun story and it is what really proved to Rafael that trading can be taught.
This episode is almost an hour long and there is a ton of information, so I hope you find it useful.
In This Episode
- Is trading for a living, from a beach, realistic or total hype?
- The amount of money he recommends starting to trade with
- The trading method that works with his psychology
- How he uses hypnosis to trade better and why it is a controversial term
- The one thing that he would do differently if he had to start over
- How long it took him to become a profitable trader
- His trading goals for the next 5 years
- And more!
Click Play To Listen To The Interview
- The Bubble Trading Method – Learn how to trade like Rafael
- Paul Rotter – An amazing trader that has inspired Rafael
- Book recommendation – The Market Wizards
- Author recommendation – Mark Douglas
Other Ways To Get The Trading Lifestyle Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review on iTunes is great appreciated!)
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
- Click here to hear the other episodes
Disclaimer: Some links on this page are affiliate links. We do make a commission if you purchase through these links, but it does not cost you anything extra and we only promote products and services that we personally use and wholeheartedly believe in. A portion of the proceeds are donated to my charity partners.