Jarratt Davis started out just like you.
But he went on become the #2 ranked Forex trader in the world…according to Barclays.
He learned currency trading on his own and he had no previous experience or education. Like my last guest, his previous profession had absolutely nothing to do with trading.
But his journey wasn't always easy…
He actually “quit” trading several times because he could not find anything that worked. His trading went through the classic vicious cycle of:
- Learn a system
- Backtest a system
- Fail at trading it in the live market
- Look for a new system
Finally, a chance meeting with a successful stock trader put him on the right track and he never thought about quitting again. In fact, he has several stories of how he met the right person, at exactly the right time.
So it really does benefit you to just start talking to people you meet in your everyday life, because you never know how it might help your trading career.
One piece of information that I found particularly useful is Jarratt's thought process when he is looking to take a trade. It might be very different from what you do, so I would recommend reviewing what he does before he takes a trade.
I hope you find this episode as educational and enjoyable as I did. After the interview, I got to talking to Jarratt for a bit and he seems like a really down-to-earth and mellow guy.
He has traded from all over the world and I hope you are inspired by his story.
So if technical analysis seems to be letting you down, you might want to take a closer look at what Jarratt is doing.
In This Episode
- Why Jarratt sold his previous business
- Learn how FOMO affects his trading
- Other ways he tried to make money online
- How a banner ad on a website changed his life
- Why talking to random people on the internet can be the best thing for your trading
- The trading scam that Jarratt lost money in, that convinced him to learn to trade for himself
- Why he primarily believes in fundamental analysis
- And more!
Click Play to Listen to the Interview
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
- Trading in the Zone – Mark Douglas
- High Performance Trading – Steve Ward
- Way of the Turtle – Curtis Faith
Other Ways To Get The Trading Lifestyle Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review is greatly appreciated)
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
- Click here to hear all of the other podcast episodes
Thanks for Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this episode of the podcast. If you have any feedback on this episode, please be sure to leave a comment below.
If you know of a trader who would benefit from any of the information in this post, feel free to use the social media share buttons on this post. Be sure to subscribe to the show on iTunes and if you love it, a 5-star review is greatly appreciated!
Also be sure to check out the resources page for tips on the best education, FX trading software and more.